Physical Wellness Programs
Staying active during and after cancer treatment can help keep your body strong and help you feel better.
Your cancer team will recommend the amount of activity which is safe for you, and may recommend wellness classes designed specifically for cancer survivors.
Peg, a cancer survivor, explains the difference physical wellness classes made in her treatment. A physical wellness instructor, Shanda, also speaks about what teaching these classes means to her.These classes are offered through Harper's Hope. Initial use of these services is free of charge. You will not be denied services because of an inability to pay.
Ongoing wellness classes
All wellness classes are held in the Methodist Estabrook Cancer Center, on the lower level in the multipurpose room. Massage is offered on the first floor near Administration.
• Aerobics:Wednesdays, 6-7 p.m.
• Pilates: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 5-6 p.m.
• Weight Training: Mondays and Wednesdays, 5-6 p.m.; Tuesdays and Thursdays, 4-5 p.m.
• Yoga: Tuesdays, 6-7 p.m.; Thursdays, 12:30-1:30 p.m.
• Massage: First Tuesday of the month, by appointment. To schedule a session, call (402) 354-5890.
• Meditation for Mind-Body Wellness: Tuesdays, 9:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.;Thursdays, 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
• Tai Chi: Thursdays, 2-3 p.m.
Please pre-register if you are a first-time participant. Initial use of these services is free of charge and you will not be denied services because of an inability to pay.
To learn more about classes or to register, call (402) 354-0847.
Meet Wendy Teetor, PT, DPT, CPI
Wendy is a Physical Therapist who specializes in post-surgical and orthopedic sports and joint rehabilitation. She has been an instructor with the Harper’s Hope Physical Wellness program since 2006 and became Coordinator for the program in 2011.
Ms. Teetor is a certified Pilates instructor and is passionate about providing high quality therapy services and applying current research findings to benefit cancer survivors in their treatment and recovery.